Tattoo Healing Guide
WHAT TO DO NOW?
- Remove Nylon when you get back home (do not wait longer then 6 hours)
- Take a shower and clean the tattoo with foam and warm water, end the shower with a short cleanse of cold water to close the pores.
- To have a good healing process let your body rest the first 3-4 days after the session.
- For the first 5 days I recommend avoiding alcohol, drugs, and doing sports.
- Don’t put Vaseline on the tattoo. Don’t wrap the tattoo with nylon.
- Don’t expose the fresh tattoo to direct sunlight.
- Don’t wear sunscreen until your tattoo is fully healed,
- Don’t rub your skin when dry — pat it gently to avoid irritation.
- Don’t pick, scratch, or rub your tattoo until it’s healed. It will scar.
- Don’t swim, soak in a hot tub, or take a bath or sauna until your tattoo has healed completely (3-4 weeks).
- Wear clean clothes & clean bedsheets.
- Remember that a tattoo is a wound. When you’re ready to remove the nylon, treat your tattoo like any other skin injury. Wash your hands before touching your tattoo and keep the area clean.
You will see ink, blood and plasma coming out of your tattoo. You may also have swelling, to help reduce the swelling, levitate the tattooed limb above your torso line.
Keep the area clean (wash it with neutral ph soap) Gently remove the blood and liquids from the surface of the skin in the shower, then pat-dry with a clean towel.
Wash your tattoo twice a day and keep it dry. Do not put tattoo cream on yet, let the skin dry up.
The redness will start to slowly fade, and scabs will start to form. Use a thin layer of tattoo after cream to start moisturizing the skin. It is better to put a thin layer then a thick layer, the skin needs to breathe.
The dry skin will start to fall off. Don’t help the process! Itching is normal, so keep your tattoo aftercare in hand and rub on a thin layer as often as needed.
Your healing results do depend on your physical health, your diet and how you treat the skin immediately after the tattoo. Bigger tattoos will likely take longer to heal, as will areas that rub against clothes. Drinking enough water and eating healthy will directly impact your healing results.
The cream I recommend for the best results is Hustle Butter. You can order it via Amazon or at any tattoo supplier.
Don’t use Vaseline / cheap cream to heal your tattoos.
Please message me if you have any questions!